Information We Collect and Why We Collect It
How We Use and Share Your Information
Access to Your Information and Choices
Security of Your Information
Your California Privacy Rights
European Union Users
Consent to Data Processing in United States
Questions and How Contact Us
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
Information You Provide To Us. Types of personal information we collect when you provide it to us include:
Social media handle
Information you provide us through user generated content (e.g., videos, photos, replies, recommendations, feedback, testimonials, questions, favorite features, feature requests, product issues, comments, social media-type postings, custom fields, etc.)
Information you provide us through Facebook and other 3rd party login services.
INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH GOOGLE ANALYTICS.
INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES.
NO INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN UNDER AGE 13.
If you are under the age of 13, please do not attempt to register with us at this Site or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We collect information from you so that you can access additional features of our Site such as:
a) Make comments and replies;
b) Submit videos, photos, and recommendations including favorite features, feature requests, experiences, product issues, tips, tutorials, testimonials, etc;
c) Submit a request;
d) Share content;
e) Invite someone to learn more;
f) agree to privacy policies and terms of agreement; and
g) For any other legitimate business purpose as required or permitted by law.
YOUR CONSENT. In addition to the sharing described elsewhere in this Policy, we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of VideoPeel when we have your consent to do so.
Legal Proceedings. We will share personal information with third party companies, organizations or individuals outside of VideoPeel if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
– Meet any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
– Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
– Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of VideoPeel, our users, customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CHOICES
If you have questions about personal information we have about you or need to update your information, email us at email@example.com. You can opt-out of receiving marketing and promotional e-mails from VideoPeel by using the opt-out or unsubscribe feature contained in the e-mails.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that e-mails and other communications you send to us through our Site are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2015 will receive information regarding 2014 sharing activities).To obtain this information, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
EUROPEAN UNION USERS
Legal Bases for Processing Personal Information. VideoPeel will only process your personal information when VideoPeel has a lawful basis for doing so. VideoPeel will collect and process your personal information as necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or because VideoPeel has another legitimate interest in doing so relating to VideoPeel’s business purposes arising from your relationship with VideoPeel. VideoPeel may also seek your prior consent or rely on some other lawful basis to process your personal information.
Rights of Users Located in the EU. If you use our Site and are located in the EU, EAA, or Switzerland, you are entitled by law to access, correct, amend, or delete personal information about you that we hold. A list of these rights is below. Please note that these rights are not absolute and certain exemptions may apply to specific requests that you may submit to us.
- The right to access. You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. When making a request, please provide an accurate description of the personal information to which you want access. We may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative cost.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- The right to erasure. You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances, including your personal information must be erased to comply with a legal obligation under EU or member state law.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, including: (i) when the accuracy of the personal information is brought into question, or (ii) when we no longer need the personal information for the purposes of the processing but you require such personal information for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal claim.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us from one organization to another, or give it to you.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. If you believe your rights under the GDPR have been violated, the GDPR gives you the right to file a complaint with your supervisory authority. A list of supervisory authorities is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
- The right to withdraw consent. If VideoPeel obtains your written consent to collect and process your personal information, you can subsequently withdraw such consent as to any further processing of information by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Automated decision-making. To the extent that VideoPeel engages in decision-making based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or which significantly affects you, you have the right not to be subject to such decision-making.
To exercise these rights please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before responding to your request. In the event that we refuse a request, we will provide you a reason as to why.
Right to Object to Processing. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information that is based on legitimate interests. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests or which override your rights and freedoms, or we can demonstrate the processing is for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. You can object to the processing of your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com.
Cross-Border Transfers of Personal Information. Personal information that you provide while in the EU, an EAA member state, or Switzerland may be transferred to the United States. The GDPR permits such transfer when necessary for the performance of a contract between you and VideoPeel, if VideoPeel obtains your explicit consent to such transfer, or if it is VideoPeel’s legitimate interest to transfer the personal information. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. If we transfer personal information from the EU, we will provide an appropriate safeguard such as binding corporate rules, standard data protection clauses, Privacy Shield, or your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Information. We will retain your personal information until the personal information is no longer necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was provided. We may retain your personal information for longer periods for specific purposes to the extent that we are obliged to do so in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, to protect you, other people, and us from fraud, abuse, an unauthorized access, as necessary to protect our legal rights, or for certain business requirements.
CONSENT TO DATA PROCESSING IN UNITED STATES
VideoPeel’s websites, including websites directed to residents in countries and jurisdictions outside of the United States, are operated and managed on servers located and operated within the United States. By using and accessing our Sites, residents and citizens of countries and jurisdictions outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer to and processing of personal information on servers located in the United States, and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of your residence or location.
QUESTIONS AND HOW CONTACT US